welcome to camp fannin

Named to honor Goliad, Colonel James Walker Fannin, Camp Fannin was officially dedicated as a U.S. Army infantry Replacement Training Center in March of 1943 and was located northeast of Tyler, Texas. It served to provide infantry replacements to many sites of combat from 1943-1946. Today, the memory and history of Camp Fannin is preserved and displayed for the public so others can be educated on Camp Fannin's role in WWII.

Snail Mail

Want to send us a letter to our office?

Our mailing address is:

Camp Fannin Association

3600 Jill Circle Tyler, TX 75701

903-592-3724

Donate

You can help support Camp Fannin Texas Memorial by making a donation today.

join us

Want to learn more about what we do and how you can help? Become a member of the Camp Fannin Association today.

Email

Have questions about Camp Fannin? Feel free to send us an email.

about us

Camp Fannin Texas was established in 1943 during WWII as an army infantry replacement training camp. It also served as a POW camp for captured German soldiers. During the war, over 200,000 men were trained there as army infantry replacements. Today, the Camp Fannin Association aims to preserve the history of this historical site and help educate the public on the history of Camp Fannin. Another goal is to help maintain and develop museums and artifacts that pertain to Camp Fannin and WWII.

Read more

Historical Snapshots

Check out even more historical photos from Camp Fannin HERE.

alternative text

INFANTRY DAY - 15 june 1944 Officers and men of 14th Training Regt., Camp Fannin, Texas, parading in City of Tyler, Texas.

alternative text

Flag raising ceremony at Camp Fannin, Texas

alternative text

The hospital at Camp Fannin. This building later became the UT Heath Center.

alternative text

INFANTRY DAY - 15 June 1944 Officers and men of the 14th Training Regiment at bivouac in open field adjacent to City of Tyler, Texas, where they paraded (1030 hour). Officers and men in foreground lining us for field mess.